Whether you're an experienced yogi that has been practicing for many years, or you're a beginner just starting your yoga journey, you might have wondered if you would benefit from private yoga classes. Are private yoga lessons that much better than a group yoga class?
What is a private yoga session?
Private yoga classes are an excellent way to take care of your health and well-being. You'll work 1:1 with an experienced yoga instructor, who will tailor the yoga class to your specific needs and goals. This is an ideal way to learn more about yoga or to focus on specific areas of concern such as flexibility, strength, or balance. Your private yoga instructor is there to guide and motivate you as you explore and progress along your yoga practice. A private yoga class or may include breathing exercises, meditation, and gentle stretching in addition to traditional yoga poses.
Props and modifications as needed will be provided. Private yoga classes offer an opportunity to dive deeper into the yoga practice with personalized attention and guidance every step of the way and also more advanced progressions than group classes with more individual attention. You can get a unique yoga experience with sessions on your schedule, allowing you to seamlessly fit yoga into your life. Most importantly, a private yoga class is a chance for you to connect with yourself and explore your journey with Yoga. So, take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the ride!
Benefits of private yoga sessions
Here are some general reasons why you may take a private or online yoga class for women:
- Convenience: Like many, you may have to manage a highly busy schedule. Practicing at a time and place that is more convenient for you would certainly be ideal. You’d be able to coordinate times and locations that are more compatible with your schedule.
- Ask Questions: Often you are unable to ask specific questions during a large group yoga class. An individual session allows for you to directly ask the teacher questions you have about the practice. It’s a great way to personalize your yoga practice.
- Get Coached: Going to a group class for the first time may feel quite intimidating. Hiring a private yoga teacher is a great way to be introduced to the philosophy and practice of yoga. A yoga teacher can break down the fundamentals of a yoga practice for you, then guide you step-by-step through various movements and breathwork.
- Enhance Your Practice: If you’re already an experienced yogi, a private yoga lesson may offer an opportunity for you to work on a specific goal in yoga. Maybe you’d like to improve your strength or flexibility, or you want guidance on how to relax your monkey mind with guided meditation.
- Specialized Injury Support: You can also hire a private yoga teacher when you have specific issues you’d like to work on. Maybe you are experiencing low back pain. Your instructor can provide knowledgeable information about the most effective poses to perform.
- Learn A New Pose: Something unique about hiring a yoga instructor is that they can teach you specific yoga postures that you may not necessarily do in a group class. Perhaps you want to learn how to perform a handstand, binding poses, or even to properly and effectively practice Downward Facing Dog.
- Learn About Yoga’s Philosophy And Anatomy: Your teacher will help you understand the fundamentals of the yoga practice like its philosophy and anatomy like breathing, names of poses, and how they affect your body etc.
What to expect in a private yoga session?
You can expect an uninterrupted, private setting from a 1:1 yoga setting. In an intimate setting, you can feel comfortable asking questions freely and exploring different aspects of yoga at your pace. You are creating a long-term relationship and building a greater connection that allows you to uncover a much deeper understanding of your practice.
Instructors can build trust with clients on every level; creating a space where real transformation can occur. Private yoga for women can take place in a yoga studio, at home, or even online. The timing of a private session is dependent on your schedule. You can expect an experience that is tailored just for you, allowing you to develop a deeper connection with yourself and your body.
Why private yoga session?
During a private yoga class, you get 100% of the instructor's attention, allowing you to ask as many questions as you would like. You are given all the time needed to address any concerns and to explain the actions and alignment of specific poses. The instructor will use detailed instruction throughout the class, considering any areas of concern or difficulty that you may have. Your instructor will be paying attention to your movement patterns, observing your range of motion, limitations and compensations.
This will help identify what areas need to be focused on and what poses and variations will be appropriate and support your needs. Your teacher will be able to give you more detailed instruction than in a group class, making sure that each pose works for you.
Your instructor works to create an environment where you feel supported and encouraged on an individual level. Working with a private yoga teacher is an invaluable experience and a great way to deepen your practice. Through private yoga classes, you experience real transformation in your practice as well as develop a stronger connection between mind, body soul