If you haven't thought about switching to natural products, now more than ever is the time to start. There are many different reasons why you should choose natural products and why they are better for your body, especially in the long run.
Importance of using natural products
Treating skin kindly from both the outside and within will leave you feeling great and looking fantastic too. Switching to natural skincare products, especially supporting female-owned skincare brands, is a good start.
1. Reduction of skin irritation. People with sensitive skin will know how easily irritated it is, and products with chemicals in them such as Benzoyl Peroxide (used to treat acne) often leave skin feeling dry, red and sore. Natural products are kinder to your skin and will work just as effectively.
2. Naturally sourced ingredients such as zinc oxide, tea tree oil and lavender extract are all wonderfully healing, natural ingredients that will leave your skin feeling smooth and nourished.
3. Natural products have stood the test of time. Many ingredients that are included in modern organic skincare products have been used for centuries, developed from ancient remedies that have been known for their incredible benefits for the skin. These ingredients have proven their worth and shown to have to have any adverse side effects, guaranteeing healthy and beautiful looking skin.
4. If you wouldn’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin! Our skin is very absorbent, and when you use products such as moisturizers, cleansers and toners, the ingredients within these are getting absorbed into our bodies.
5. Next time you are buying a new moisturizer take a look at the ingredients on the label and think, “Would I eat this?” If the answer is no perhaps it’s time to start turning your skincare routine into a more natural one!
6. Organic and natural skincare products are actually very cost-effective when compared to their non-natural alternatives, especially as the quality of the ingredients means you can use less, which in turn means the product will last longer over time. While some chemical-based products may be cheaper, you end up needing to use a lot of them - putting layer after layer of moisturizer on as your skin still feels dry, therefore having to buy more of it, and actually costing you more in the long run.
7. Skincare products that contain chemicals can have a very damaging impact on the environment, sprays and perfumes that are released into the atmosphere can be very harmful, as well as the manufacturing process to create them. If you use natural and organic skincare products not only, will you reap the benefits of beautiful skin, but also can enjoy them guilt-free without harming the environment.
Benefits of using natural products
Choosing organic and natural skincare should be a top priority if you are seeking a healthy lifestyle. The top 5 benefits of natural skincare are:
The ingredients used in organic skincare meet the same standards as organic food. These include no harsh chemicals, pesticides, or fertilizers. Cheap fillers often cause more harm than good. In the short run, synthetic ingredients could make your skin appear brighter, but they can cause irritation, sensitivity, and clogged pores in the long run.
2. Healthier for you.
Cosmetic products often contain endocrine-disrupting chemicals, including phthalates, sodium lauryl sulfate, and parabens. Carcinogens can cause havoc on the immune, reproductive, and endocrine systems. When we use more products, toxic concentrations can build up in our bodies, eventually causing severe health issues.
Natural skincare products are made from organic ingredients that are grown and produced sustainably. These products do not contain harsh chemicals, so significantly less waste and toxins are going down the drain. Organic beauty products are suitable for our skin and internal health and positively impact the environment.
4. Recyclable or biodegradable packaging.
Most eco-friendly beauty product manufacturers have given careful thought to packaging their products. In other words, the box that the green cosmetics arrive in is likely biodegradable, reusable, or recyclable.
5. Skincare that is effective and affordable.
If you compare synthetic cosmetics with eco-friendly cosmetics, you will see that protecting the environment does not cost you a fortune. You may think that environmentally friendly advertising costs more. But in fact, you save on packaging and manufacturing costs, so the prices are often comparable. Therefore, you can protect the environment without sacrificing your financial well-being.
Why do consumers want natural products?
A "healthy lifestyle" has been a hot topic for years. It can refer to various aspects of our daily lives, from exercise to sleep quality, from whole foods to mental well-being. As part of this trend, beauty care products have also come into the spotlight. Since the skin is the body's largest organ, consumers are becoming increasingly aware that they are applying a large number of chemicals to themselves on a daily basis.
As a result, more and more people want to make sure they are using non-toxic products to maintain healthier skin. Natural and organic cosmetics not only provide natural protection and care for our skin, but also help keep our well-being in check. The representation of nature through natural fragrances and delicate textures allows us to get closer to it and awakens our senses. At the same time, natural products consciously contribute to reducing negative impacts on the environment.